Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Welcome into my life in the form of a blog

Adrielle Marie Chatfield, also known as Elle Chatfield. Writing about my life isn't what first comes to my mind when I think of my lists of things I want to do. Why am I doing this? You can say for my family, my health, or even really having a lack of a social life. I am a sophomore in college attending Hope International University, which has a grand population of 600. The community is small the classes are even smaller. I have a schedule holding five classes, fifteen credits, and as of two days ago a part-time job. My Monday-Wednesday classes are Intro to Psychology, and Public Speaking; both could be considered a writers nightmare. Writers write
so they can sit in the back of the classroom and seem like they are taking notes and being a "good" learnt student while at the same time writing their novels and getting great grade without ever having to speak up or answer aloud in class. Tuesday and Thursdays are a bit longer for me having three classes in the day. After group or chapel depending on that day, I would go to History to 1500, World Literature of the 1650's, and finally Early Christian History and Literature, which I am sitting in right now as I write to you.

Chatting about the preaching in Samaria and the important distinction of why it was necessary for Peter and John to pray and lay hands on the Samaritan Christians to receive the Holy Spirit is something that is redundant and extremely boring for me to listen to. When you grow up in a family that's roots are in the Church of Christ and tradition holds solid there are some things about the Bible that start turning dull and over taught. Don't fret about my slacking-in-class because after all I am a writer and getting good grades while writing to you and being a seemingly extravagantly "good" student is what we writers do best.

To know a few things about myself I have to start with my family, at least the immediate ones. My mother is the most tender hearted, soft spoken, book nerd lady you could ever meet. It could be said my father is the opposite; passionate, outgoing, hyper, and a gaming nerd. You would think I would fall somewhere in the middle or even lean toward either of their personalities but on the contrary I fall under both 100%. I am a person that is never settled completely in the middle about anything for example; I am a sweetheart or a cold-callous witch, I am hyper or extremely depressed, and passionate and outgoing but shy and reserved...you get the idea.

The other important factor about my life is my younger sister, Alexis. She is 15 years old, a junior in High school, and couldn't be more opposite than myself. For you English majors you could say she is my foil. I happen to be very protective of my sister and as a result I have realize that I can be quite harsh with her at times. I would kill for her, and die for her, but at the same time I fear that I will always be picking up her mess or am otherwise very hurt by her and haven't yet forgiven her for some of the things that have taken place in our past. So, in all reality, I blame myself for most of them happening. I could have stopped them from ever taking place and instead I made poor choices.

As a result I have learned that life is a web and we connect in some form or another as a result from every step and decision we make. We are all spiders designing a web whether good or bad will bring about what ends up getting caught in it. Some of us disconnect their webs and let it fly away in the wind and they'll start over, and some people will stay because that's all they know what to live by but not me. People like me make our webs and when we try to crawl away we get caught in them. It is usually because of a person we can not leave behind, or finding someone we thought to be new and fresh who is connected to one of the people you knew from your old web. What happens when the spider instead of the fly gets wound up and bound to it's own web? This is a blog about my life and the web I have created and am still making.
If you would like to come along I should warn you to be careful or you might get caught up in my web. Otherwise I am convinced you'll be rather amused, not only by myself but rather the many people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment